International Logistics Analyst Job Opening Detroit Michigan
Company: JMJ Phillip Group
Location: Detroit, MI
International Logistics Analyst job opening in Detroit. A manufacturer of building products is currently seeking candidates for an International Logistics Analyst job in Detroit. Our supply chain recruiters are seeking diligent, creative professionals for this International Logistics Analyst job in the Detroit area. This position offers competitive compensation as well as benefits.
Detroit International Logistics Analyst Overview:
The Detroit International Logistics Analyst will partner with staff across several departments such as purchasing, manufacturing, marketing, and sales, to ensure the supply chain remains efficient and cost effective. The International Logistics Analyst will be tasked with coordinating all documentation, customs regulations, and distribution strategies. Additionally, the Logistics Analyst will establish and foster relationships with logistics providers. When difficulties arise with international freight, the Logistics Analyst shall be responsible for troubleshooting and rectifying the problems.
Detroit International Logistics Analyst Job Opening
- The Detroit International Logistics Analyst will develop and enact policies and procedures concerning imports and exports.
- Check that all shipments comply with international and domestic laws related to imports and exports.
- Prepare and verify the documentation for shipments, including such details as classification, valuation, country of origin, and record retention.
- The Detroit International Logistics Analyst will perform audits to ensure that shipments align with import regulations.
- Perform research and prepare logistics plans and processes when entering new global markets.
- Develop standard operating procedures and standards for evaluation concerning 3rd party logistics providers.
- The Detroit International Logistics Analyst will research and identify areas where costs could be reduced, material flow could be more efficient, and other business development opportunities.
International Logistics Analyst (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A four year degree in Business, Supply Chain, Transportation, or a related field.
- At least three years of experience in a position involving logistics, international transportation, or imports/exports.
- A good level of familiarity with regulations for imports/exports, free trade agreement terms, labels, and other such details.
- Strong analytical reasoning skills, able to find creative solutions to differing problems.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite of programs, especially Excel.
- Great communication skills, written and verbal.
- Comfortable working with a team, able to develop professional relationships with personnel internally and externally.
- Strong ability to organize and meet deadlines.
- Proven history of implementing continuous improvement policies.
- Familiarity with Supply Chain Security software is a plus.
- Familiarity with metal building products/consumer home goods is a plus.
Ready to apply?
Email your resume and cover letter to : email@example.com
Warehouse and Logistics Manager
Company: SHAPE Technologies Group
Location: Houston, TX
Provide the leadership for ensuring the warehousing, transaction, transportation of materials, products and systems comply with regulatory requirements and meet the Company’s quality, delivery, responsiveness, and financial goals. Lead the domestic and international site team resources, including warehousing, 3PL providers, in developing best-in-class inbound and outbound logistics processes and storage systems, which consistently deliver expected results.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure consistent compliance to all global freight and logistics regulatory requirements
- Maintain the Company’s Export Compliance Policy and communicate changes to appropriate personnel on a timely basis
- Document procedures to keep suppliers, transportation providers, and the Company’s internal operations, fully compliant
- Work with the all Company’s entities to develop and implement standard work for foreign freight and logistics.
- Follow Company’s guidelines and procedures as they relate to warehousing, logistics, transportation and compliance
- Accountable for all freight spend within the Company.
- Audit freight invoices, file freight claims, and ensure the best carriers are used to meet or exceed internal and external customer requirements
- Drive the continuous improvement of storage, transactions, and logistics for both international and domestic activities
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to meet customer delivery requirements and the Company’s financial goals
- Ensure thorough, timely, and effective communication with all relevant internal Company personnel, customers and third-party vendors
- Promptly address processing issues regarding customs clearance, scheduling and delivery of all shipments both domestic and international.
- Be the subject expert in current ERP functionality.
- Analyze current systems, processes and job functions and initiate continuous improvement projects to optimize logistics, warehousing and transactions.
- Align internal activities to drive to maximize efficiencies and reduce costs
- Additional Roles:
- Develop and implement department or Company goals, objectives, policies and procedures; analyze and recommend strategies to improve effectiveness of operations; evaluate reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals
- Complete department budget preparation, analysis and administration; monitor expenditures; approve invoices and purchases as required
- Plan, assign and manage the work of others. Monitor workloads; provide or arrange for back-up/additional resources as needed
- Responsible for all aspects of performance management including interviewing, training, performance evaluations, corrective action plans and recognition for direct reports
- Provide effective, constructive and appropriate feedback and leadership to direct reports to foster positive, team atmosphere
- Ensure personal and professional development of direct reports. Provide necessary training or develop the support, skill set and competencies needed for all direct reports
- Consistently support compliance by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable laws and regulations
- Understand workplace hazards and take steps to proactively prevent and report hazards or injuries in the workplace. Cooperate in Safety Programs, initiatives, and investigations.
- Demonstrate our core values of Principles, Passion, and Performance
- Perform other duties deemed necessary to support the Company’s business operations
- Support around the clock manufacturing, transportation and logistics needs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of compliance regulations, logistics, warehousing and transportation services
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions regarding complex import and export issues consistent with standards, policies, practices, procedures, and legal requirements
- Minimum of five (5) years import/export experience; tariff classification and NAFTA analysis within a related manufacturing industry
- Excellent organizational, project management and planning skills; high attention to details; consistent follow through
- Track record for utilizing innovative and creative problem solving skills to address complex and/or contentious issues
- Experience managing, motivating, and training diverse and geographically dispersed employees
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Proficient in the use of personal computers, internet, and Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- Ability to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and to appropriately prioritize workload based upon organization or department needs
- Must possess high degree of professionalism and ability to handle confidential information
Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA preferred)
- Minimum seven (7) years of management in Warehousing and Logistics
- Extensive knowledge of US and International Customs, shipping and logistics requirements
Ready to apply?
Email your resume and cover letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org